Thursday, April 14, 2016

2016 breathes new life into my little world. Last year brought our family through the ringer but now it's time to pick up the pieces and begin again.
So many people have asked what are your plans since the passing of your husband.
Well, I can only see myself diving in head first to the one thing I love doing the most and that's designing jewelry. So I have applied to 3 larger art shows this year and  have officially been accepted.
Do I hear a Yeah God...

The line up is...
Gold coast Art Fair at Grant park in Chicago June 18th and 19th.
Art at the Glen in Glenview Illinois August 6th and 7th.
Deer Park Art show in Deer Park Illinois September 10th and 11th.

You can only guess what I have been doing since these events are just around the corner.  Yes, I have been making jewelry..I have been stretching my wings adding new designs to my collection.
My work place is still at the Starline Factory in Harvard.  Recently my studio has been moved upstairs to a wonderfully larger space with great light.

The other question people have been asking me is am I  going to be teaching jewelry classes again.
As of now I am undecided because of family commitments..ie..my grandson and visiting my daughter and her husband in Kentucky.
But I so miss hanging with like minded designers and jewelry novices. Teaching has always added to my life by bringing so many interesting and fun people my way.

I also get asked if my studio is open to the public with shopping hours.  As of now I open to appointment.  I do have a showroom in my studio and my hope is to open a few days a week with regular hours but no official date has been set.

 I would love to hear your feedback and ideas.  I hope to open my studio in July and do a large close out of many of my beads, finding and tools.  I will keep you updated with the time and date.

For some of my latest jewelry designs checkout my website at Katherinesheetz.etsy.com.

I will be posting again soon...I promise it won't be a year from now...
Warm regards...

No comments:

Post a Comment